Teaching Plan

📌MY LESSON PLAN

  

Curriculum

                        Pelita Nusantara School uses National Curriculum combined with Cambridge Curriculum and adopted “The Leader in Me” from 7-Habits. There are four international subjects offered by their curriculum which are English, Mathematics, Science and Health Education. These are the subjects offered to us and I taught all these subjects under Primary 4B, Primary 4A and Primary 2A.


My Teaching Plan 

As our teaching practicum started, we were given the opportunity to choose for our own schedule. The photo above is my weekly schedule and I manages Primary 4B thrice a week so that I can get to know them better.

I decided to use the detailed lesson plan from our  college and inductive method for my teaching plan. I aimed to teach the pupils discover the lesson on their own with enjoyment.

 

So I always planned my lesson in:

1Starting the class with warm-up activity. Its either a challenging song or games. 


In this video, I encourage them to do the bim-bam-biddy song (clap song) that requires focus. They played this several times to check if how much they improved every day.


 2. To introduce the lesson, I use motivation (such as showing pictures related to the topic and asking their observation in the picture) wherein the pupils are motivated by asking from their experiences.

I also used problem-solving once for motivation in which the problem is related to their experience. The pupils worked by group in solving the given problem.


3. Lesson Development, I always want this part to be fun so that they will have a long term-memory about the lesson. It was more of ‘learning by doing’ so their active participation is always required.

So, I plan short activities in developing the lesson so that they can discover what the lesson is all about. (If about sound, I will let them hear. If about Math, I let them solve.


4. And to assess their learnings, I used games so that when they talk about what they played, they can also remember what they learned.

 

Usually, I divide the class in groups and the winner is rewarded by different types of claps


1.    5.   More importantly, I assess what they learn individually through evaluation.

  We used their activities in the book for evaluation and I monitor all of them since the class only has 12 pupils.

 

    That is how I planned my teaching for each class. I always find myself enjoying about the little things we got to spend every day.


Comments